18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Ward Manager (RMN) - Male Low Secure Service
We are looking for a professional, confident Ward Manager (RMN) who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care. Please note we are offering a £4000 welcome bonus for the appointed applicant.
You’ll be working 37.5 hours a week (Monday to Friday; 9am to 5pm) at Cygnet Blackheath.
Cygnet Hospital Blackheath provides inpatient low secure and PICU services for men with a mental health illness.
Meridian Ward is our low secure service which can support up to 16 men. It aims to balance the needs of therapy and security whilst helping prepare service users to lead full and independent lives in the community.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development. You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the ward & ensure co-operation between clinical departments
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Participate in the manager’s on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward-based staff, outside of normal working hours
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- £4,000 welcome bonus
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting – preferably acute or forensic experience in secure settings
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Ward management experience is desirable but not essential
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.