18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Qualified Psychologist - Clinical / Counselling / Forensic
Are you an outstanding Qualified Psychologist with a passion for delivering high quality care?
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
We need a Qualified Psychologist who’s passionate about helping people with a range of complex mental health needs.
Maximising positive outcomes & recovery for our patients – it’s a challenging, satisfying vocation.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
So if you care about making a difference – every day – we want to hear from you.
Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital:
Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital is our new state-of-the-art Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) hospital in Coventry.
This vacancy is for our 4th ward at Joyce Parker Hospital (CAMHS services) and it will be a Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) due to open in January 2022.
At JPH we already have an established PICU ward and two General Adolescent Unit wards (GAUs).
The successful candidate will be joining the hospital psychology team, which already includes a: Lead psychologist, 2 further qualified psychologists, 2 assistant psychologists, and 1 trainee forensic psychologist. We will also be recruiting a further assistant psychologist to join the successful candidate for this post on the new ward.
- Work as a team Psychologist within a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Carry out psychological assessments & provide therapy to individuals & groups
- Collaboratively develop care plans with the MDT
- Provide training & supervision to colleagues, & consultation to teams
- Evaluate the service, contribute to its development & carry out clinical research
- Disseminate outcomes via conference presentations and publications.
We are looking for someone who is...
- A HCPC registered Clinical/Forensic/Counselling Psychologist with experience in a clinical forensic or mental health setting
- Candidates approaching HCPC registration will be considered
- Preferably trained in complex therapies such as Schema focused, Cognitive Analytical and DBT
- Passionate about working with people with a range of complex mental health needs
- Capable of treating difficulties such as self-harm, physical & verbal aggression, history of sexual offending and drug & alcohol problems.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.