18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Deputy Ward Manager (RMN/RNLD) - Sunrise Ward
We are looking for a professional, confident Deputy Ward Manager (RMN/RNLD) who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care.
You’ll be working 40 hours a week (Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5.30pm or 8.30am-5pm) at Cygnet Hospital Ealing.
Cygnet Hospital Ealing provides a welcoming, non-institutional environment, offering personalised treatment for service users with an eating disorder or personality disorder over two separate wards.
Sunrise Ward at Cygnet Hospital Ealing provides a highly specialised eating disorder service for women, including those with extremely low BMIs.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development. You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- In conjunction with the Hospital Manager and Ward Manager, provide support to clinical staff in the provision of safe, adequate (qualitative and quantitative) nursing cover to the clinical area
- Provide suggestions, proposals and recommendations to the Hospital Manager and Ward Manager aimed at the continued development of the ward
- Contribute and participate in planned visits to ward by professional visitors
- Initiate and maintain a monitoring system in relation to professional nursing practice at unit level, including PIN numbers and the current registration of all qualified staff, including bank staff
- Ensure that the evaluation of service delivery is user (i.e. patient, carer and family) based
- To advise non-clinical staff within the hospital on management of patients with mental illness
- To ensure patients’ rights to confidentiality are respected and that Cygnet Health Care and professional policies are adhered to
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting – preferably acute or forensic settings
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.