18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Preceptorship Nurse (RMN) - Male Low Secure Ward
**We are offering a £4,000 welcome incentive upon every successful candidate**
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident newly qualified (or soon to be qualified) Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN).
You will be working 38.5 hours per week (shift times - 7:30am to 8:00pm; 7:30pm to 8:00am) at Cygnet Hospital Maidstone.
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone, CQC rated ‘Good’, is our state-of-the-art, 65 bed mental health facility for adults situated in the Kent Medical Campus in Maidstone. Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is purpose built to meet the latest national specifications for improving mental health within a therapeutic environment.
Saltwood Ward provides a 16 bed low secure service for men with enduring mental illness, including those with a personality disorder at our hospital in Kent, Cygnet Hospital Maidstone.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development. You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals.
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Newly Qualified (or soon to be qualified) RMN with a current valid registration
- Capable to maintain documentation and undertake audits
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Helping to empower & support service user independence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- £4,000 welcome Incentive
- Strong career progression opportunities within the region, including into management roles
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to Work” scheme & employee discount savings.
- 10% of basic salary for night shifts
- 20% of basic salary for weekend shifts
- 30% of basic rate for nights on the weekend
- 66% of basic rate for bank holidays
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
Preceptorship Nurse Programme:
This programme is split into two six-month periods.
- The first will be supported by documentation reflecting the Knowledge and Skills Framework and 7 appropriate competencies; this will guide and monitor your progress.
- The second 6 months will be guided by an action plan created between you and your mentor. The action plan should include S.M.A.R.T objectives that aim to enhance the areas where you have shown real ability and strengths, and also address areas where it has been identified that development is required. This action plan will take you to your first appraisal at the end of your first year.
Please note that your hourly rate will be reviewed after successful completion of your preceptorship.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.