18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Night Support Worker
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
Oakhurst Lodge is an 8 bed specialist residential service for adults with autism and who may present with behaviours that challenge. We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective care environment for those in our care, promoting independence and community integration
We are currently recruiting for a night support worker to assist our residents in the provision of care ensuring Individuals retain as much of their dignity and individuality as possible as well as being involved in the general activities of the home.
Shift times will be 7.00pm - 7.30am and will be working 4 nights on and four off on a rolling rota.
In this role you’ll:
- Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our residents
- Work in the residential area, providing guidance and encouragement to residents through physical and emotional support
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment for our residents to live in, which will involve undertaking some domestic duties and complying with policies and procedures
- Assist residents with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
- Safeguard residents
- Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way
- Follow and learn specific behavioural support techniques
- Genuinely driven with a desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- An excellent communicator & a good team player
- Sensitive & intuitive with the energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating & varied environment
- Passionate about empowering & supporting service user independence
- Flexible to work shifts on a rota basis
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Full training and Induction
- Regular coaching and support
- DBS paid
- Employee Referral Scheme
- NHS Staff Discounts
- Group Pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Free Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
- For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
Due to recent legislation, any person entering our care homes after November 11th 2021, are required to be double vaccinated against COVID 19 before entering our residential sites, unless they can show a genuine medical exemption.
Due to the location of this site a driving licence would be advantageous
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If interested, please apply below or forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.