18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Head of Psychology Department - Clinical / Counselling / Forensic
Are you an outstanding Psychology leader with a passion for delivering high quality care?
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career in a dynamic, supportive team.
We need a dedicated, accomplished Head of Psychology with excellent leadership skills.
Maximising positive outcomes & recovery for our clients – it’s a challenging, satisfying vocation.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
So if you care about making a difference to people – every day – we want to hear from you.
Cygnet Churchill, in south London, is a 57 bed inpatient mental health hospital for men. Cygnet Churchill has four wards including an emergency acute admissions service (Juniper Ward) and three high dependency inpatient rehabilitation services (Elm Court, Maple Court and Mulberry Court).
- Lead the development, evaluation & management of the service
- Manage, train, supervise & support team colleagues
- Work as a team psychologist within a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Ensure quality & compliance with internal & external standards & regulations
- Provide expert knowledge & support within the service & to the wider clinical team
- Carry out psychological assessments, develop care plans & provide therapy
- Carry out clinical research & disseminate outcomes via presentations and publications.
We are looking for someone who is...
- A HCPC registered Psychologist with demonstrable previous professional practice experience
- Minimum of 3 years qualified experience
- Preferably trained in complex therapies such as Schema focused, Cognitive Analytical and DBT
- An effective people, time & task manager with excellent communication & leadership skills
- Passionate about working with people with a range of complex mental health needs
- Capable of treating difficulties such as self-harm, physical & verbal aggression, history of sexual offending and drug & alcohol problems
- Knowledgeable about risk management, legislation & its impact on service provision.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.