18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Mental Health Act Administrator
Cygnet Hospital Stevenage offers a range of secure and PICU and acute mental health services for men and women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery
We are currently recruiting for a Mental Health Act Administrator to provide specialist knowledge and skills to the Management Team and Clinical staff in the areas of legislative requirements as per the Mental Health Act.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career in a vibrant, supportive culture tailored to help you thrive.
- Ensure that all procedures relative to the Mental Health Act and associated legislation are adhered to.
- Ensure the legal detention of patients.
- Ensure adequate records for detained patients are maintained.
- Ensure adequate and safe storage of documentation.
- Receive section papers during working hours.
- Arrange correction of errors relating to detention of patients to meet all legal requirements.
- Ensure patient and nearest relatives are aware of individual rights and power of detention in force and assist as required with exercising these rights.
- Ensure an up-to-date list of mental health solicitors is available to patients and that patients are represented at hearings or appeals where possible or appropriate.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with local social service departments, in particular Approved Social Workers with whom regular contact is made.
- Develop local forms and procedures to properly administer the Mental Health Act and any future changes.
- Ensure passage of patient from admission to discharge is in full compliance with legislative requirements.
- Ensure all arrangements for hospital managers reviews are in place.
We are looking for people who have
- Previous administration experience including report preparation, organising meetings, liaising with customers/clients
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) with qualifications in English and Maths
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Experience of working in a Healthcare environment alongside medical practitioners is desirable
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 (MHA 1983) is desirable
- Knowledge of compliance and auditing systems required by regulatory bodies (CQC) is desirable
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
- Full training and Induction
- Regular coaching and support
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
- For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.