18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Ward Manager (RMN / RNLD) - Male ACUTE Service
We are looking for a professional, confident Ward Manager to work across Sycamore Ward and Peacocks Ward our Male ACUTE wards, who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care.
You’ll be working fulltime at Cygnet Hospital Taunton.
Cygnet Hospital Taunton provides specialist inpatient services for older adults with mental health problems and for men diagnosed with a learning disability. The hospital also provides an acute inpatient admissions service for men over the age of 18
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the ward & ensure co-operation between clinical departments
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Participate in the manager’s on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward-based staff, outside of normal working hours
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting – preferably acute or forensic settings
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
The hospital provides 56 bedrooms across three distinct service lines which offer; acute care for men, acute care for older adults and learning disability services for men who are over 18.
Sycamore Ward is our 26 bed male acute service at Cygnet Hospital Taunton. The service provides a safe and stabilising environment for men who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission.
Peacocks Ward is a small and supportive four bedded acute service for men. It is a peaceful and quiet environment which has the sole aim of working with service users to plan for their discharge out of hospital.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org