18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Occupational Therapist - Band 5
We are looking for a band 5 Occupational Therapist who is interested in working in Autism and Mental Health. If you have a desire to enhance your knowledge and skills in a supportive environment, Cygnet provides you with a great opportunity.
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
Post: Band 5 Occupational Therapist
Base: Cygnet Hospital Harrow
Salary: £29,000 - £31,000 DoE
Responsible for: Delivery of occupational therapy on the open rehabilitation ward, Springs Wing, with input into the mental health acute ward.
Responsible to: Head Occupational Therapist
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (full time)
Location: Cygnet Hospital Harrow, London Rd, Harrow on the Hill, HA1 3JL
Cygnet Hospital Harrow provides a unique service for men with Autistic Spectrum Disorders and Mental Health conditions. It has 3 specialist services; a low secure ward, stepping down to intensive support ward, which steps down to an open rehabilitation ward. This provides a full pathway to enable patients to gradually increase their independence and coping skills, enabling successful discharge into the least restrictive environment in their community.
The Springs Wing in Cygnet Harrow Hospital is a10-bedded open-rehabilitation ward for men with a dual diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder and enduring mental illness. Byron ward is an acute ward for men and women, requiring a short period of assessment and stabilisation.
The occupational therapy team work within a multi-disciplinary team consisting of speech and language therapy, psychology, psychiatry and nursing to drive forward programmes of recovery and rehabilitation. Our care pathways are evidence based with a focus on social inclusion and independent living skills.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will provide direct clinical care which will encompass Occupational Therapy assessments, and co-producing treatment and rehabilitation, preparing patients for a successful discharge.
5 reasons why you should make an application today…
- We care about people in our services
- Career pathway progression within the company to support your development and skills
- You will form an integral part of a well-established MDT working together to achieve real outcomes for and with your patients
- National networks of over 150 OTs in the Cygnet Group within different specialisms including Forensic Practice, LD and ASD, Acute mental health, PICU, and inpatient CAMHS
- Low caseload number to support intensive OT focused interventions
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- A Degree / Postgraduate Diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy, registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and a member of the RCOT (Royal College of Occupational Therapy)
- Placement experience in the field of adult mental health and/or acute inpatient mental health is essential
- Newly qualified/ Currently operating as a Band 5
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication / time management skills and be solution focused
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary of £29,000 - £31,000 per annum
- Free parking and free meals for staff on duty
- Cygnet’s bespoke Preceptorship programme for newly qualified OTs
- Expert clinical supervision from an Occupational Therapist
- Support to attend regular OT meetings focused on CPD, service development, and clinical case discussion
- Opportunities to undertake further learning and development, including Cygnet’s Sensory Integration Preceptorship to prepare you for formal Sensory Integration Training
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card – includes big brand discounts.
- Employee referral scheme: recommend a friend to us and claim a cash reward for their successful hire.
- Group pension: a generous pension plan helping you save for your future.
- Wellbeing centre with exercises, recipes, financial and mental health advice.
- Plus much more…
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own*
Join our supportive and friendly team in Harrow and make an application today.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact our in house recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.