18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Senior Nurse (RMN / RNLD)
We are looking for a Senior Registered Mental Health Nurse (Senior RMN) with a passion for delivering the best quality of care to work at Cygnet Appletree
Cygnet Appletree, near Durham, is a mental health hospital for women that includes Pippin Ward, a specialist PICU service and Bramley Ward, an acute service for women.
Our person-centred service has been designed with wellness in mind, providing a safe and comfortable environment that promotes efficient rehabilitation and recovery. We are dedicated to understand, stabilise and break the traumatic cycles of relapse that can impact service users’ lives.
- Supervise Nurses and Support Workers and ensure care and associated duties are allocated effectively and within team members' competence
- Ensure that all staff in your team have the opportunity to participate fully in supervision, that salient issues are addressed and that comprehensive monitoring and documentation is in place at all times
- Monitor staff rotas to ensure effective staffing on shifts informing the Head of Care of any shortfalls or issues that may affect patient care and safety
- Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual Patient programmes of care. With a focus on risk assessment and risk management strategies, ensuring that the requirements of the Care Programme Approach are met in a timely manner
- Ensure that all Staff contribute and are accountable for the efficient running of the Hospital and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the Patients.
- Duties may include acting up for the Head of Care and/or the Hospital Manager in their absence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- A high quality work environment
- Free meals on duty
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee recognition initiatives
- Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health check
You will have…
- Experience as a Registered Nurse Mental Health Nurse / RMN or Learning Disability / RNLD with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical manager role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
If interested, please apply below or forward your cv to email@example.com or click apply now