18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Senior Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
We are looking for a Senior Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) with a passion for delivering the best quality of care.
You’ll be working 42 hours a week, including days, nights and weekends at Cygnet St Teilo House.
The position also includes on call responsibilties, working on a rota basis.
Cygnet St Teilo House is a 23-bed service specialising in high dependency inpatient rehabilitation for women in a safe and comfortable environment. Cygnet St Teilo House has been designed to provide an environment which promotes recovery for women with its focus on space, personal privacy and dignity.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Supervise an allocated team of Nurses and Support Workers and ensure care and associated duties are allocated effectively and within team members’ competence
- Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual Patient programmes of care
- Develop and monitor managerial and clinical supervision within the allocated team
- Monitor staff rotas to ensure effective staffing on shifts with due regard to skill and gender mix. Inform the Head of Care of any shortfalls or issues that may affect patient care and safety
- Conduct Return to Work and Sickness interviews, at the request of the Head of Care. Ensure appropriate documentation is maintained
- Report any ill health amongst Patients and make requests for RC / GP / Professional visits where necessary
- Participate in Staff and Patient meetings and attend training sessions as required
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you...
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
You will have…
- Experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse / RMN, with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.