18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Ward Manager (RMN / RNLD)
We are looking for a professional, confident Ward Manager who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care.
You will be working 37.5 hours per week (5 days out of 7, with flexible hours considered) as part of the team of Managers within the 4 South West Hospitals (Kewstoke, Brunel, Alders and Taunton).
Your main base will at Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke, however you will need to be flexible to travel across our regional services and lead other wards as required
Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke provides an emergency admissions service for men and a pathway for women from low secure to rehabilitation including a specialist service for personality disorder.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the ward & ensure co-operation between clinical departments
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Participate in the manager’s on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward-based staff, outside of normal working hours
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient, personality disorder setting
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.