18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Night Coordinator (RMN / RNLD)
We are looking for a confident Night Coordinator who can inspire, support and oversee the delivery of the very best care at Cygnet Hospital Beckton.
The post holder will work as of the hospital leadership and management team, and be responsible for the overall management of the hospital site throughout the night. You will be expected to co-ordinate staffing and respond to clinical incidents. You will need to attend the wards to provide planned and unplanned support / supervision to staff on duty. You will also provide some line management to and appraisal for staff predominantly working nights.
You will participate in ensuring the delivery of a sensitive, efficient care service to all patients within the care of Cygnet Hospital Beckton. You should have a particular interest in out-of-hours working but be prepared to work days periodically to ensure your contribution to management planning and meet training requirements.
Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a specialist service for women, situated in the East End of London. We provide a comprehensive service across four specialist wards; PICU, Tier 4 Personality Disorder, Learning Disorder and Complex Personality Disorder for women with complex mental health needs. The Hospital was inspected by the CQC less than one year ago and has with a “Good” overall CQC rating. This is a forward-thinking hospital with a drive for innovation and creativity; we are looking for staff who share our passion for new ideas and are willing to drive for sustained high quality care delivery as part of a supportive team.
Some responsibilities include:
Developing the Team
- To contribute to the development of the staff team working during the night shift by providing planned and unplanned Clinical Supervision sessions / De-briefs after incidents and ongoing monitoring / support with support from the Senior Nursing Team and HR.
- To ensure staff who work as part of the regular night staff team have received all mandatory and statutory training.
- To ensure all newly recruited regular night staff receive a probation review within the specified time frames.
- To carry out return to work interviews with staff returning to nights from periods of sick leave.
Personnel and Financial Management
- To efficiently manage resources across the hospital site.
- To ensure the appropriate ordering of drug stocks within the hospital.
- Ensure that the patients are involved as fully as possible in decisions affecting them and the running of the units, and to maximize their independence.
- To ensure patients are involved in the development of their Risk Assessments and Management Plans.
- To keep abreast of issues raised from community meetings, and ensure agreed plans of action are consistently followed by staff on night duties.
- Ensure that care is provided within an environment which positively integrates race, gender, disability, religion and sexual orientation and meets individual needs.
In return we will offer you:
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- A high quality work environment
- Free meals on duty
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee recognition initiatives
- Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health check
- A Registered Mental Health or Learning Disability Nurse (RMN/ RNLD)
- Able to establish effective working relationships and work with others towards a common aim
- Great interpersonal relationship with others
- PC literate in packages including Word, Excel
- Able to communicate effectively in speech (both in person and over the telephone), writing, understanding information and engaging in effective dialogues
- Experience of working as at band 6 or above in an inpatient setting.
- Experience of conducting supervision
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Click the button to apply or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.