18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Preceptorship Nurse (RMN / RNLD) - MIPD
We are looking for a newly qualified Registered Mental Health / Learning Disability Nurse (RMN / RNLD) to complete their Preceptorship programme at Cygnet Bury in our MIPD Service
Cygnet Hospital Bury provides a wide range of inpatient mental health services for men and women including specialist deaf services and CAMHS provision for adolescents.
Each service user has a bedroom with en suite facilities and a range of communal spaces including a gym, laundry, occupational therapy kitchen, therapy garden and woodland walkways down to the Elton Reservoir.
Your programme includes...
- Support from Cygnet’s Preceptorship Development Manager
- Minimum two shifts per week working with your nominated preceptor
- Preceptee supernumery 1st week on ward
- Monthly CPD Days off the ward (specialist and general)
- Clinical supervision, minimum 1 session per month
- Managerial supervision, minimum 1 session per month
- Preceptee Group Meetings on site and across the Cygnet group
- Certificate and letter of completion
- Excellent training opportunities
An action plan will then be created by you and your preceptor for the following six months to enhance identified strengths and address areas of development, taking you to your first annual appraisal.
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Newly Qualified RMN / RNLD
- Capable to maintain documentation and undertake audits
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Helping to empower & support service user independence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Salary starting at £14.65 /h progressing to £15.95 p/h, once completed the Preceptorship Programme
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- A high quality work environment
- Free meals on duty
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee recognition initiatives
- Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health check
As a newly qualified nurse, you’ll engage in a period of preceptorship during your first six months of employment, ensuring your career receives the best possible start. Offering flexibility to accommodate individual needs, Cygnet Healthcare will help to prepare you for your professional role and encourage best practice.
Ready to make a positive change?
Click the link below to apply
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
** Due to recent legislation, any person entering Cygnet Services are required to be double vaccinated against COVID 19 before entering our residential sites, unless they can show a genuine medical exemption.**