18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
We are looking for a Practice Nurse with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
You’ll be working 40 hours a week at Cygnet Brunel. Cygnet Brunel in Bristol offers an extensive Neuropsychiatric treatment, care and rehabilitation pathway which is unique in its ability to provide a dedicated pathway to meet the complex needs of service users within their care.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
To create, implement and support a continuous programme of development in clinical practice in order to ensure that high standards in patient care are met. To act as a mentor resource in relation to specialist clinical practice.
- Actively participate in the clinical governance process.
- Assist in the coordination of clinical audit and quality assurance processes.
- Actively participate in processes that integrate national guidelines, standards, legislative requirements and new initiatives into current practice.
- Responsible for own professional development.
- Keep up to date with professional development and maintain active registration with NMC.
- Develop specific clinical expertise appropriate to Cygnet Health Care.
- Develop networking with NHS services and A&E Department in dealing with emergency referrals.
- Support clinical teams to respond effectively to challenging or unusual issues.
- Support continuous professional development strategies via mentorship and the clinical supervision process.
- Lead on the onsite delivery of preceptorship programme for new nurses
- Lead on international nurse support and development for site
- Assist key staff to identify and pursue clinical specialism.
- Assist clinical staff to link practise to research and national initiatives relating to best practice.
- Assist in the development of, and provide support for, initiatives that integrate psychologically based therapies into everyday clinical practise e.g. smoking cessation, health promotion.
- Model good practice and contribute to the provision of care by providing specialist therapeutic input where appropriate.
- When patients are discharged from A&E ensure that the advice from A&E is followed.
- Responsibility for running clinics (diabetic, smoking cessation, sexual health/family planning, checking staff training, checking emergency equipment.)
- Supporting Mental health nursing staff in managing minor injuries, wound management to minimise attendance to A&E.
- Liaise with the Pharmacist.
- Link in with Junior Doctor on the ward.
- Be present as and when required by medical team if dealing with a female patient in terms of dignity and privacy.
- Manage GP referral system and documentation.
- Support program of immunisation/vaccinations in liaison with GP surgery.
- Support HR and staff records for immunisation.
- Establish and maintain links with higher education establishments.
- Work in collaboration with the above and other sources of expertise in order to facilitate research across all services.
- Promoting research based practice and disseminating relevant research information and articles.
- Actively support and promote a hospital wide ‘culture of learning’.
- In conjunction with key staff, facilitate in house training programmes and external training opportunities.
- Coordinate library, learning and practice literature and information resource.
- Establish and maintain links with education provider in Nursing, Psychology and Social Work.
- In conjunction with key senior staff support students from above disciplines on placement.
Health & Safety:
- To comply with the provisions of Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and other relevant legislation and taking personal responsibility for own safety and health whilst at work.
The above duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake duties as directed by the Senior Management Team (Hospital Manager, Clinical Manager, General Manager and Medical Director) that are within the competence of the post holder and compatible with the expectations of the post.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
An experienced RGN with a current Pin Number, you’ll have…
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits & demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience & a dedication to empower & support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research & assessment
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
If interested, please apply below or forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.