18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Senior Registered Mental Health Nurse
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident Senior Registered Mental Health Nurses or Learning Disability Nurses to join our team at Nield House in Crewe.
*** We are also offering a £4,000 relocation allowance for this role ***
Cygnet Nield House is our new 30-bed mental health hospital for women. The hospital is now open and accepting referrals.
Cygnet Nield House is split into two distinct wards, each offering specialist mental health services:
- Clarion Ward, a 15 bed complex personality disorder service for women with a dual diagnosis of personality disorder and co-morbid disordered eating. Now open.
- Compton Ward, a 15 bed acute service for women. The service provides a safe and stabilising environment for women who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission.
In this role you’ll enjoy excellent career prospects while making a real impact on our services users & their families.
A rewarding role with excellent career prospects, your focus on quality of care will help us achieve our goals.
Senior RMNs / RNLDs with interests in leadership, research & risk assessment are encouraged to apply.
If you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
- You’ll be working 42 Hours per week at Cygnet Nield House.
- Lead an allocated team of nurses & support workers to ensure care and associated duties are allocated effectively and within team members’ competence
- Supervise junior staff in all aspects of their work and by example, teach and guide them
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Conduct appraisals, audits, interviews & disciplinaries
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual patient programmes of care.
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Experienced RMN or RNLD with a current Pin number
- Capable to promote & ensure the good reputation of and act as a role model demonstrating a positive attitude towards patients, their families visitors and others.
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Helping to empower & support all staff and promote service user independence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- *** £4,000 Relocation Allowance ***
- Strong career progression opportunities within the region, including into management roles
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to Work” scheme & employee discount savings.
If interested, please apply below or forward your cv to email@example.com
** Due to recent legislation, any person entering Cygnet Services are required to be double vaccinated against COVID 19 before entering our residential sites, unless they can show a genuine medical exemption.**