18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Preceptorship Registered Learning Disability Nurse/ Mental Health Nurse (RMN/ RNLD) ***£3k Welcome Bonus & £2k Retention Bonus***
We are looking for Newly Qualified Registered Mental Health Nurses/ Registered Learning Disability Nurses (RMN/ RNLD) to complete their Preceptorship programme at Cygnet Hospital Beckton. This is a chance to join a dynamic and forward thinking team, develop skills across specialties such as DBT and a range of other psychosocial interventions, and enhance your overall career pathway all under one roof. Our robust induction and preceptorship processes for Newly Qualified Nurses, as well as our ongoing training and support for more experienced Nurses, ensure that staff working within the service are able to build and strengthen their career goals.
***We are offering a £3,000 Welcome Bonus (£1,000 on arrival and £2,000 paid after 6 months successful probation) and £2,000 Annual Retention Bonus (£1,000 paid every 6 months)***
Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a specialist service for women, situated in the East End of London. We provide a comprehensive service across four specialist wards; PICU, Tier 4 Personality Disorder, Learning Disorder and Complex Personality Disorder service for women with complex mental health needs. This is a forward-thinking hospital with a drive for innovation and creative thinking; we are looking for staff who share our passion for new ideas and are willing to drive for sustained high quality care delivery as part of a supportive team.
We have opportunities for Preceptorship Nurses to join us on New Dawn ward, our Tier 4 Personality Disorder service and Hansa Ward, our Learning Disability service.
Your Preceptorship programme includes...
- Support from Cygnet’s Preceptorship Development Manager
- Minimum of two shifts per week working with your nominated preceptor
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Clinical supervision and managerial supervision
- Managerial supervision
- Preceptee Group Meetings on site and across the Cygnet group
- Pay rise on completion of preceptorship
- Certificate and letter of completion
- Excellent training opportunities
An action plan will then be created by you and your preceptor for the following six months to enhance identified strengths and address areas of development, taking you to your first annual appraisal.
Your Day to Day…
- Develop therapeutic relationships alongside service users and carers to motivate and influence service users drive for recovery
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
- A newly qualified RMN/RNLD with a current Pin Number or awaiting to qualify, you’ll be…
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable to maintain documentation and undertake audits
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Helping to empower & support service user independence
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
£32,932 per annum/ £16.45 per hour
As well as…
- £3,000 Welcome Bonus (£1,000 on arrival and £2,000 paid after 6 months successful probation)
- £2,000 Annual Retention bonus, with £1,000 paid every 6 months
- Full-time contract of 38.5 hours per week
- £2,000 relocation support
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% of NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Generous study and exam leave, teaching and CPD Programmes
- Financial support for further training and personal development
- Free meals on duty and free parking
- RCNi membership
- Employee discount savings & “Cycle to work” scheme
- Bespoke career pathways
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus many more
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years
Click the link to apply or email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Please be aware that from April 1st 2022, The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) (No. 2) Regulations 2021 requires that health and social care workers in England, who have face-to-face contact with service users, are to provide evidence that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they should not be vaccinated for medical reasons. Currently in England, this is two doses of an approved vaccine. Please note that acceptable evidence of this is the NHS Covid Pass.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.