18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Clinical Practice Leader - Female PICU ***£3k Welcome Bonus & £2k Retention Bonus***
We are looking for a confident Clinical Practice Leader who can inspire, support and oversee the delivery of the very best care within our female PICU service, Hooper Ward. This is a unique opportunity to lead within a dynamic and forward thinking team, while developing skills across specialties and enhancing your overall career pathway. Working within a specialist multi-disciplinary team, and experiencing continuous training and support, you will be responsible for delivering the best possible care while experiencing excellent career progression.
***We are offering a £3,000 Welcome Bonus (£1,000 on arrival and £2,000 paid after 6 months successful probation) and £2,000 Annual Retention Bonus (£1,000 paid every 6 months)***
Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a specialist service for women, situated in the East End of London. We provide a comprehensive service across four specialist wards; PICU, Tier 4 Personality Disorder, Learning Disorder and Complex Personality Disorder for women with complex mental health needs. This is a forward-thinking hospital with a drive for innovation and creativity; we are looking for staff who share our passion for new ideas and are willing to drive for sustained high quality care delivery as part of a supportive team.
Hooper Ward is our 15-bed psychiatric intensive care unit (PICU) for women. The service is a member of the NAPICU (National Association Psychiatric Intensive Care Units), having been consistently benchmarked with the country’s best PICU’s. In February 2020 the service achieved AIMS accreditation 2019-20 and accreditation from the Quality Network for Psychiatric Intensive Care Units (QNPICU) having met 96% of the 155 applicable standards. Hooper Ward provides tailored care and treatment to improve service users’ wellbeing, reduce risk and support people to fully engage in their recovery.
- Assist the hospital through clinical practice development and quality improvement
- Maintain and strive for the highest standard of care provision
- Have a lead responsibility in undertaking regular audits of care through monitoring and analysis of documentation, assessment and observation of the lived experience of patients
- Work with the Clinical Service Manager to deliver targeted intervention where themes, trends and lessons learnt indicate a need for skills development
- Work within services focusing on the development of nursing practice, through clinical leadership, coaching and mentoring
- Be responsible for a planned programme of support across your area of focus as determined by the annual plan for Quality and Compliance
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
£44,000 per annum / £21.92 per hour
As well as…
- £3,000 Welcome Bonus (£1,000 on arrival and £2,000 paid after 6 months successful probation)
- £2,000 Annual Retention bonus, with £1,000 paid every 6 months
- Full time contract of 38.5 hours per week
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus many more
You will have…
- Experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) with a current Pin Number (at least 2 years’ post qualification experience.
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- Ward specific experience e.g. PICU
Click the button to apply or email your CV to email@example.com
Please be aware that from April 1st 2022, The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) (No. 2) Regulations 2021 requires that health and social care workers in England, who have face-to-face contact with service users, are to provide evidence that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they should not be vaccinated for medical reasons. Currently in England, this is two doses of an approved vaccine. Please note that acceptable evidence of this is the NHS Covid Pass.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.