18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Preceptorship - Registered Mental Health / Learning Disability Nurse (RMN/RNLD)
We are looking for a newly qualified, or due to qualify, Mental Health Nurse (RMN) / Learning Disability Nurse (RNLD) with a passion for delivering the best quality of care.
You will be working 42 hours per week at Cygnet Cedars, located in Birmingham
Cygnet Cedars is a 24-bed high dependency complex care service for men with learning disabilities, associated complex needs and who may have behaviours that challenge. - CQC overall rating "Outstanding".
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- £16.32 per hour (£35,642 pa) rising to £16.98 per hour (£37,084 pa) upon completion of preceptorship.
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Bespoke Preceptorship programme and career pathways
- Plus many more
The programme includes...
- Support from Cygnet’s Preceptorship Development Manager
- Minimum two shifts per week working with your nominated preceptor
- Preceptee supernumery 1st week on ward
- Monthly CPD Days off the ward (specialist and general)
- Clinical supervision, minimum 1 session per month
- Managerial supervision, minimum 1 session per month
- Preceptee Group Meetings on site and across the Cygnet group
- Pay rise on completion of preceptorship
- Certificate and letter of completion
- Excellent training opportunities
- An action plan will then be created by you and your preceptor for the following six months to enhance identified strengths and address areas of development, taking you to your first annual appraisal.
- Newly qualified, or due to qualify, as a Registered Nurse Mental Health / Learning Disability Nurse (RMN / RNLD)
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
At Cygnet Cedars we accept emergency referrals and the team are experienced in managing them quickly and efficiently to ensure the transition for each individual is as smooth as possible.
Within the hospital are two step-down single occupancy flats. With their own lounge, kitchen, en-suite bedroom and their own front door this allows for further community integration and focus on daily living skills.
Each individual in our care begins a personalised care pathway that helps them develop the necessary skills to leave our service and move towards a less restrictive setting.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click apply, or please send your CV to GraceCockroft@cygnethealth.co.uk
To see detailed information about this location please click here