18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Nurse Practice Educator - National Role
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident Nurse Practice Educator (RMN or RGN).
The successful candidate will be primarily working from home, however please be aware this is a national role and travelling to different Cygnet Services/Hospitals will be required (as and when needed).
This is a new post at Cygnet and plays a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient and effective running of our International Nurse recruitment programme and will deliver competent compassionate Mental Health Nurses.
Whilst not essential, the successful candidate would ideally have experience of entering the UK from overseas, in order to understand the challenges that our international employees face.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development. You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
If you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
- To support Cygnet’s international nurses directly or indirectly to successfully pass the OSCE component of the TOC, which has been devised to work as a guideline in meeting competencies and skills outlined in the NMC New Standards of Proficiency for registered nurses.
- To ensure that onward education requirements such as preceptorship are met including the safe transition from an international registration to competent UK Registrant.
- Communicate and motivate to ensure the development and potential of each international nurse is maximised. Additionally, to ensure that internal and external communication is managed promptly and efficiently to ensure appropriate outcomes are reached.
- To act as the education and training lead for this specialist area of practice.
- To be a role model promoting excellent clinical practice, providing supervision, support, direction, and leadership to our international nurses and colleagues with whom they work.
- Working with clinical sites ensure the smooth and efficient running of preparation for all elements of the OSCE Test of Competence.
- To deliver culturally sensitive programmes understanding the pastoral, social, cultural, and professional requirements of international nurses who have very recently arrived in the UK.
- To be an active member of the Nursing Directorate team.
- Relevant post graduate degree or equivalent experience at post-graduate degree level
- Registered Healthcare professional in Mental Health or General Nursing
- Post Registration Teaching, coaching, mentorship, assessor qualification or equivalent.
- Evidence of ongoing CPD.
- Clinical Expert either by qualification or extensive experience.
- Demonstrates evidence of implementing innovative practice and being proactive in leading change.
- Ability to utilise evidenced based practice.
- Enhanced awareness and understanding of the national and local multi-cultural agenda including the cultural requirements of international nurses.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities within the region, including into management roles
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to Work” scheme & employee discount savings.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please apply below or forward your CV to email@example.com
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.