18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Preceptorship - Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
We are looking for a newly qualified or due to qualify as a Mental Health Nurse / RMN, with a passion for delivering the best quality of care.
You will be working 42 hours per week at Cygnet Sedgley House and Cygnet Sedgley Lodge, located in Wolverhampton.
Cygnet Sedgley House and Cygnet Sedgley Lodge offer a 34 bed high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for men with complex needs.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- £16.50ph (£36,036pa) rising to £17.50ph (£38,220pa) upon completion of preceptorship. preceptorship.
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Bespoke Preceptorship programme and career pathways
- Plus many more
The programme includes...
- Support from Cygnet’s Preceptorship Development Manager
- Minimum two shifts per week working with your nominated preceptor
- Preceptee supernumery 1st week on ward
- Monthly CPD Days off the ward (specialist and general)
- Clinical supervision, minimum 1 session per month
- Managerial supervision, minimum 1 session per month
- Preceptee Group Meetings on site and across the Cygnet group
- Pay rise on completion of preceptorship
- Certificate and letter of completion
- Excellent training opportunities
- An action plan will then be created by you and your preceptor for the following six months to enhance identified strengths and address areas of development, taking you to your first annual appraisal.
- Newly qualified or due to qualify as a Registered Nurse Mental Health Nurse / RMN.
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Cygnet Sedgley House is a 20 bed service providing a full multi-disciplinary input including occupational therapy, psychology, psychiatry and vocational training. Person-centred plans are devised to match each individual’s needs. Within the grounds there are areas for service users to landscape and garden and there are communal areas to promote social engagement.
When the time is right, service users can move to Cygnet Sedgley Lodge, a 14 bed service that gives them increased independence, and a more outward-looking community-based programme. Finally, there is the option to step down to 12 Woodcross Street – a beautifully appointed semi-detached house next door – one step closer to full community reintegration.
Cygnet Sedgley is rated 'Good' by the CQC
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click apply, or please send your CV to GraceCockroft@cygnethealth.co.uk