18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Preceptorship Nurse - Rmn / Rnld
We are looking for a newly qualified Registered Mental Health or Learning Disability Nurse (RMN / RNLD) to complete a Preceptorship programme at Cygnet Lodge Salford.
Cygnet Lodge Salford is a high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for women. The service supports individuals with a primary diagnosis of mental illness, but they may also have a complex secondary diagnosis, including a personality disorder.
Women often come to us following multiple placement breakdowns, failed treatment programmes or they may be stepping down from secure settings. The service has been designed with wellness in mind, providing a safe and comfortable environment that promotes efficient rehabilitation and recovery. Our aim is to understand, stabilise and break the traumatic cycles of relapse that can impact individual’s lives.
Your programme includes...
- Support from Cygnet’s Preceptorship Development Manager
- Minimum two shifts per week working with your nominated preceptor
- Preceptee supernumery 1st week on ward
- Monthly CPD Days off the ward (specialist and general)
- Clinical supervision, minimum 1 session per month
- Managerial supervision, minimum 1 session per month
- Preceptee Group Meetings on site and across the Cygnet group
- Certificate and letter of completion
- Excellent training opportunities
An action plan will then be created by you and your preceptor for the following six months to enhance identified strengths and address areas of development, taking you to your first annual appraisal.
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Newly Qualified RMN / RNLD
- Capable to maintain documentation and undertake audits
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Helping to empower & support service user independence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Preceptorship Programme
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- A high quality work environment
- Free meals on duty
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee recognition initiatives
- Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health check
As a newly qualified nurse, you’ll engage in a period of preceptorship during your first six months of employment, ensuring your career receives the best possible start. Offering flexibility to accommodate individual needs, Cygnet Healthcare will help to prepare you for your professional role and encourage best practice.
Ready to make a positive change? Click 'apply' or email LouisBrown@Cygnethealth.co,uk
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.