18-19 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B2 5QJ
Ward Manager (Rmn/Rnld)
We are looking for a professional, confident Ward Manager who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care.
You’ll be working 37.5 hours a week at Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke. This Hospital provides an emergency admissions service for men and a pathway for women from low secure to rehabilitation including a specialist service for personality disorder.
Our Wards Include:
Nash Ward – Male Psychiatric Intensive Care, accepting emergency crisis admissions.
Sandford Ward – Female Acute Inpatient Service, accepting emergency admissions.
Milton Ward – Female Low Secure Service, supported by DBT and CBT interventions with an additional drug and alcohol service.
Knightstone Ward – Intensive Support Service for women with a diagnosis of personality disorder and complex mental health needs.
Cygnet Lodge Kewstoke – Female High Dependency Inpatient Rehabilitation.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the ward & ensure co-operation between clinical departments
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Participate in the manager’s on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward-based staff, outside of normal working hours
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting – preferably acute or forensic settings
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.